Slider

ITS HAPPENING

Monday, July 24, 2017


THROW SOME CONFETTI because 1. first official blog post and 2. the day has come. When Shelbie, the girl who has been indecisive her whooooole life, has finally picked a career, that she actually is obsessed with. (I'll stop talking in third person now)
BUT YA'LL.
Weddings, ugh, weddings are just my jam. Everything about it. The beautiful craziness behind one
massive, expensive, fun day that sets the celebration for the rest of your life. You found the love of your life, a celebration is indeed called for. 

I am just literally so stoked, terrified, ecstatic, over joyed, about starting this journey! My friends sister knows how much I love weddings and when she asked me to be her day of coordinator, I about shit my pants.

Since then, there has been even more (because I've had this idea in my head & heart for ever now) pinterest researching, googling, wedding blog stalking, and each time I'd look at an article or page, it just gets better and better. The fact that I'd be helping someone / relieving stress on their most important day, that some have been planning since they were 5, just makes me so happy. And just the fact that I'd be helping even an ounce, on a day you'll be looking back on for years, is just incredible.


Being a wedding coordinator has always been a dream of mine that I didn't think I could achieve. I tend to overthink, not believe in myself, and that just pushes my ideas to the back of my mind that I don't touch.


But I'm touching it, it's touched. I am delving DEEP into the back of my mind where my dream sat, and I am achieving it.

Cue fav baby meme

Jess, my friends sister, while wedding dress shopping, her consultant asked who her wedding coordinator is and she said me (still shook) and now I have a meeting with a potential FIRST client, A CLIENT, (just sounds so official, I love it) this week....to discuss about me doing her wedding..


Life happens, and it happens fast.

Everything's falling into place. It took awhile, but I couldn't be more happy. And happy is a very understated word.

All I gotta say is, if you're an over thinker like me, stop. Go after your dream, and don't look back. The positives outweigh the negatives. There's a downside to every job, but once you find your niche you will overcome all the downsides.


Just do it.





xoxo, shelbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan