Slider

24 things i've learned by 24

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Being 24 is weird. 
I feel like it's all downhill from here. I'm a birthday month queen, but now that I'm actually almost to the first quarter of my life.... I don't want anymore birthdays. I want to stay at 24 and not go any higher. You know it's bad when I physically and mentally forget how old I am. Someone at work will ask how old I am and I will literally have to think THINK for a hot sec, what age I am. God bless me when I'm my momma's age.
But honestly, the transition from 23 to 24... so much has happened, so much good..

So ultimately, cheers to 24! This is what I've learned.
(also, take a shot for how many times I can say "so")

1. You start to notice you're a lot more like your parents than you thought. I will literally catch myself saying something my mom has said PLENTY of times in the past...and it high key weirds me out.

2. Do you & don't take shit from anyone else. If someone says they hate your thrift shop snake skin boots find, that's great. 'Cause they ain't gotta wear them.

3. Take breaks. Whether that be from social media, a friendship, or just having 30 minutes for yourself.. your brain works overdrive on the daily, let it have a snooze every once in a while.

4. Make a dream board. Set goals for your virtual self. If I don't see it, I might not do it.. so having a visual board that you can see, and picture yourself in the future doing, can make it that much easier to accomplish.

5. Buy the size you are not the size you think you are. Trust me, each pair of clothing is SO different. It can be the same size & fit, just with a different number. 

6. Travel. Budget your money and travel. Whether that be in the country or out.. there's such a big world out there and it's literally there for you to explore it.

7. Doing your eyebrows for the first time will probably be the best decision you've made in a while.
8. Use lotion! I never was really one to wear lotion, but as I get older, my body apparently gets dryer. Just like you have to hydrate your body with water, you have to hydrate & moisturize it as well with lotion.

and on that same note....

9. exfoliate before shaving & also use shaving cream. I'm 110% sure im soooo late to the shaving cream game, but i've always just used body wash..and each time came out with a plethora of razor bumps. Not cute.

10. Follow your curiosity instead of focusing on what career you think you need to pursue.

11. Say no. Don't feel bad for actually doing something that you want, or don't want to do. But in that same note, don't be a brat. You know your boundaries. 

12. Try not to focus on the bigger things, and take time to notice the little ones.

13. Don't let yourself get too comfortable. Continually push yourself to do something different.

14. Have a coffee date with yourself. It's not weird anymore to do things on your own. In middle school, sure. But when you're older? Most def not.

15. Know your drinking limits. It's not cute to be black out drunk anymore.

16. If it's important, write it down. On paper. Like Michael Scott.
17. Things don't happen overnight. Have patience.

18. Always try to look your best. It can be so easy to have a bummy, lazy day, and thats okay! Just not all the time.. You never know who you might run into. 

19. Stay away from FOMO. There will always be other things to be a part of.

20. Don't assume. Nevvvverrrr assume. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. --meaning double check. Always.

21. Hype your girls up. Support your friends in what they're interested in & makes them happy... you might not love it as much, + you might not understand why they do... but trust me, your opinion matters on some level whether you know it or not. So hype 'em up, not bum them out. 

22. There is absolutely no way..you can please everyone.. so guess who's happiness counts, yours.

23. Don't let others insecurities effect your being. Meaning, someone might hate themself and/or be having a bad day and take it out on you. Don't let it get to your head & ruin your day. It's not you, it's them.

24. Money should never be the motivation. Passion is what should drive you.
xo from a new & improved 24 year old, s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan